Waiver Form (pdf)
Our next auditions are for 13.
Who: Seven boys, Six girls. Plus ensemble. Age can be 12 and up -- as long as you can play a 13-year old.
Where: McLean Community Center, 1234 Ingleside Ave., McLean, VA
When: September 22 & 23 at 7:00pm
Callbacks by invitation. Set for September 26 at 7:00 PM
See the Character Descriptions
We suggest that you download the Audition Form and complete it before arriving at the audition, but forms will be available there too.
Please bring a headshot and a list of all your conflicts between September 26 and February 15.
- Monday, September 22 at 7:00 p.m. and Tuesday, September 23, 7:00 p.m. No appointment needed.
- Rehearsals start immediately
- Performance dates: weekends, January 30 - February 15, 2015
- Bring sheet music to the audition; no boom boxes
- Prepare 16-32 bars of a ballad or uptempo piece not from the show. You are encouraged to bring additional vocal material to show your vocal range
- Be prepared to move for choreographer
- Bring your calendar so that you can list any conflicts. Rehearsals are scheduled for three weekday evenings and Saturdays. Not everyone will be called for all rehearsals until January.
We send out audition notice notices by email a couple of weeks before the auditions.
If you are not already on our list, to be notified by email of future auditions and shows sign up for Audition Notices.
Auditions and call-backs will all be held at the McLean Community Center. No monologue is needed.
Just show up. No appointment needed. You do NOT need to come to both audition dates.
The rehearsal schedule will normally involve three weekday evenings and Saturdays. The dates will be adjusted to work around cast schedules where possible. Please come prepared to report your possible conflicting dates. Please bring a current resume and headshot with you, if you have one, to be used by MCP on your audition form.
McLean Community Players is an all-volunteer organization. There is no pay for performers.
MCP is an excellent group to audition for. All parts for every show are open—none are ever pre-cast. You need not be a member of MCP and do not need to apply or pay to audition.
Everyone who auditions must sign a waiver. Either print it out, sign it, and bring it with you, or sign one at the audition.
Basically it asks you to certify that you are in good enough health to participate and that you give permission for us to take pictures and use them for publicity for the show. If the actor is a minor (under 18), a parent or legal guardian must sign the form.