Lisa Anne Bailey
R. Kieth Flores
Fridays & Saturdays at 8pm, Sundays at 3pm
at the Alden Theatre
Jan 14, 2011
- Jan 29, 2011
Presented by special
arrangement with Music Theater International
D.C. Area Premiere of the 2006 Five-Time Tony Award Winning Show
The Drowsy Chaperone
, a "Musical within a Comedy," celebrates American musicals of the Jazz Age. It all begins when a die-hard musical fan plays his favorite cast album; a 1928 smash hit "The Drowsy Chaperone." As he listens, the musical magically comes to life in his apartment. And, with him, the audience is immersed into a delightful, uproarious tale with glamorous brides, tap-dancing groomsmen and a madcap group of fellow characters. With book by Bob Martin and Don McKellar, music and lyrics by Lisa Lambert and Greg Morrison, the production opened on Broadway in 2006, featured Sutton Foster and won Five Tony awards that year including Best Book and Best Score.
The Critics Rave
The production was recognized as a 'MUST SEE' by:
- Falls Church News Press
- Drowsy Chaperone Shines Spotlight on D.C. Area.
- DC.BroadwayWorld.com It's one of my favorite musicals of all time very original, funny, silly, and nostalgic with lovable kooky characters.(Joel Markowitz, BroadwayWorld)
- McLean Connection It was so wonderful, such a joyous celebration of life.
- McLean.patch.com - The cast and crew are amazing
this is a show people will talk about for a long time.
- Arlington Weekly News Wonderful cast,
silly, nostalgic, hilarious book.
Sponsored in part bySquire Sanders & Dempsey, LLP
Catch the excitement of The Drowsy Chaperone
by viewing the Broadway promo.
Want to see more?